Additional guidelines for safe pace line riding
• Be smooth and predictable at all times – make no sudden moves.
• Maintain your speed when taking over the lead, don’t accelerate off the front.
• Stay seated, down shift if needed, but don’t stand up.
• Pull off the paceline to the left only, unless doing double paceline work.
• Fast and more experienced riders can decrease to a 1 or ½ wheel length.
• Look over the shoulder or watch body movements of the person in front of you, not their wheel.
• Ride double pacelines with extreme caution on wide roads only.
• Wait until you’re at the back to remove your water bottle or spit.
• NEVER overlap wheels.