Thank you for your interest in EBC grants!
Entities that are a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization or governmental entity with a bicycling-related mission or activity are eligible to apply. Entities that are supported by EBC members through personal involvement or contributions and/or that are based in or with ties to our state or region receive priority in the decision making process.
The activity to be funded must be related to bicycling, including but not limited to:
- Educating/training people on safe cycling practices and/or competitive cycling
- Promoting cycling for recreational or transportation or rehabilitation purposes
- Advocating for safe cycling practices or cycling infrastructure improvements
- Extending cycling availability to underserved or physically challenged communities
- Training people to maintain/repair/rebuild bicycles
In recent years, the range of grant awards has generally been from $1,000 to $3,500 with occasional outliers on both ends. While we like to put new organizations in the mix every year, new applicants tend to receive smaller grants because we may not be as familiar with them and they have no track record with us. There is $36,000 available for donations in 2018. We usually have 20 or so recipients.
To apply for a grant, please follow this procedure:
1. Click on this button to download the grant application. EBC Grant Request Form
2. Fill out the form as indicated; it is a Word document.
3. Save the file as a Word doc or pdf with a name that includes your organization's name or abbreviation.
4. Email the completed application to EBCGrants@evanstonbikeclub.org by March 31, 2018.
Questions regarding the grants may be directed to this same address. Recipients will be notified by the end of May.